“The aim of Al-Furqan is very simple; we seek to provide a caring, secure, happy Islamic environment in which every student can discover and realise their full potential.”
Al-Furqan Primary School promotes the values of:-
The five pillars are as follows:-
1) The Declaration of Faith – To make this commitment one needs to care and have a desire to develop an understanding towards what they observe and feel.
2) Five Daily Prayers – Whilst praying all Muslims, irrespective of race, colour, culture, creed stand shoulder to shoulder with respect for one another facing in the direction of Kabbah in a clean place.
3) Fasting in Ramadan – Amongst many things, Fasting teaches self-control which requires a lot of courage.
4) Giving Zakat – This is a pillar of Islam which cannot be fulfilled without care and careful thought as to who is the neediest and therefore requires the most help.
5) Hajj – Hajj cannot be completed without respect for others, a belief that Allah created all human beings equal, and a deep sense of care for the environment, animals, plants and other people’s property.