*** Welcome to Al-Furqan Primary School ***
Al-Furqan promotes the values of:-
- Equality amongst all races and cultures.
- Respect for all faiths.
- Care for oneself, all people, animals, other living things, environment, own property and other peoples property.
- Being mindful of our accountabilty to Allah (s.w.t) at all times.
- Aspire to reach our full potential at all times and in all aspects of our lives.
At Al-Furqan we believe that these values form the foundation of the five pillars of Islam upon which the Islamic Belief stands. The five pillars are as follows:-
1) The Declaration of Faith - To make this commitment one needs to care and have a desire to develop an understanding towards what they observe and feel.
2) Five Daily Prayers - Whilst praying all Muslims, irrespective of race, colour, culture, creed stand shoulder to shoulder with respect for one another facing in the direction of Kabbah in a clean place.
3) Fasting in Ramadan - Amongst many things, Fasting teaches self-control which requires a lot of courage.
4) Giving Zakat - This is a pillar of Islam which cannot be fulfilled without care and careful thought as to who is the neediest and therefore requires the most help.
5) Hajj - Hajj cannot be completed without respect for others, a belief that Allah created all human beings equal, and a deep sense of care for the environment, animals, plants and other people’s property.
"The aim of Al-furqan is very simple; we seek to provide a caring, secure, happy Islamic environment in which every student can discover and realise their full potential."
School Updates App
Keep up to date with the latest news by downloading the School Updates App on your phone.
Choose Google Play for Android or iTunes for Apple, type the school post code: B11 3EY and select your school.
Latest School Calendar Events
- YR5 IQA Workshop29Sep2014
IQA workshop for Year 5
- Yr6 IQA Workshop30Sep2014
IQA workshop for Year 6
- Yr4 IQA Workshop01Oct2014
IQA Workshop for Year 4
- Yr3 IQA Workshop03Oct2014
IQA Workshop for Year 3
- Year 6 Arabic play07Oct2014
- SEN Local Offer
SEN information available under Parent section
- Al-Furqan Newsletter
Newsletter Issue 12
Parents can now download E-Safety resources which can be shared with children at home
- School Menu
Dinner menu available
- School Attendance
School Attendance: 94%