*** Welcome to Al-Furqan Primary School ***
Al-Furqan promotes the values of:-
- Equality amongst all races and cultures.
- Respect for all faiths.
- Care for oneself, all people, animals, other living things, environment, own property and other peoples property.
- Being mindful of our accountabilty to Allah (s.w.t) at all times.
- Aspire to reach our full potential at all times and in all aspects of our lives.
At Al-Furqan we believe that these values form the foundation of the five pillars of Islam upon which the Islamic Belief stands. The five pillars are as follows:-
1) The Declaration of Faith - To make this commitment one needs to care and have a desire to develop an understanding towards what they observe and feel.
2) Five Daily Prayers - Whilst praying all Muslims, irrespective of race, colour, culture, creed stand shoulder to shoulder with respect for one another facing in the direction of Kabbah in a clean place.
3) Fasting in Ramadan - Amongst many things, Fasting teaches self-control which requires a lot of courage.
4) Giving Zakat - This is a pillar of Islam which cannot be fulfilled without care and careful thought as to who is the neediest and therefore requires the most help.
5) Hajj - Hajj cannot be completed without respect for others, a belief that Allah created all human beings equal, and a deep sense of care for the environment, animals, plants and other people’s property.
"The aim of Al-furqan is very simple; we seek to provide a caring, secure, happy Islamic environment in which every student can discover and realise their full potential."
School Updates App
Keep up to date with the latest news by downloading the School Updates App on your phone.
Choose Google Play for Android or iTunes for Apple, type the school post code: B11 3EY and select your school.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Safer Internet Day10Feb2015
Let's create a better Internet together- Creating awareness on how to stay safe online
- Parent Consultation Evening10Feb2015
15:30 pm - 17:30 pm @ AFPS
National Curriculum & IQA
- Parent Consultation Evening11Feb2015
17:30 pm - 19:30 pm @ AFPS
National Curriculum & IQA
- Half Term Break16Feb2015
School closed for half term break
- E-Safety Competition
Design a class poster for Safer Internet Day by 6th February 2015, see E-Safety page for more details
New handwriting feature Lot's of free resources to use!
- Ofsted Section 5
We are delighted to share the good news, please select 'About us' and Ofsted Report
- SEN Local Offer
SEN information available under Parent section
- School Attendance
School Attendance: 95.6%