*** Welcome to Al-Furqan Primary School ***
Al-Furqan promotes the values of:-
- Equality amongst all races and cultures.
- Respect for all faiths.
- Care for oneself, all people, animals, other living things, environment, own property and other peoples property.
- Being mindful of our accountabilty to Allah (s.w.t) at all times.
- Aspire to reach our full potential at all times and in all aspects of our lives.
At Al-Furqan we believe that these values form the foundation of the five pillars of Islam upon which the Islamic Belief stands. The five pillars are as follows:-
1) The Declaration of Faith - To make this commitment one needs to care and have a desire to develop an understanding towards what they observe and feel.
2) Five Daily Prayers - Whilst praying all Muslims, irrespective of race, colour, culture, creed stand shoulder to shoulder with respect for one another facing in the direction of Kabbah in a clean place.
3) Fasting in Ramadan - Amongst many things, Fasting teaches self-control which requires a lot of courage.
4) Giving Zakat - This is a pillar of Islam which cannot be fulfilled without care and careful thought as to who is the neediest and therefore requires the most help.
5) Hajj - Hajj cannot be completed without respect for others, a belief that Allah created all human beings equal, and a deep sense of care for the environment, animals, plants and other people’s property.
"The aim of Al-furqan is very simple; we seek to provide a caring, secure, happy Islamic environment in which every student can discover and realise their full potential."
School Updates App
Keep up to date with the latest news by downloading the School Updates App on your phone.
Choose Google Play for Android or iTunes for Apple, type the school post code: B11 3EY and select your school.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Half Term Break25May2015
School closed for half term
- Sports Day- EYFS & KS110Jun2015
Sports day for EYFS & KS1
- Sports Day - KS211Jun2015
Sports Day for KS2
- Yr 6 Graduation15Jun2015
- Newsletter Issue 9
- Congratulations Letter
Letter from Sir Michael Wilshaw
- Parent E-Safety Workshop
E-Safety workshop for parents/carer's
- Shakespeare's birth place
Year 5 visit Stratford upon Avon
- Eclipse 20th March 2015
Yr5L sharing their classroom experience of the eclipse
afps tweet @afps2015
1 May Yr 6 AFQ1 are through to next round of the FA trophy, well done!!!!!
22 Apr Boys Football tournament today at Greet Primary with local primary schools. All the best AFPS team!
21 Apr Yr5L @thinktankmuseum Science Garden http://t.co/mvlDPV4CaI
21 Apr Yr5L @thinktankmuseum Science Garden http://t.co/Qn6X9g7oIr
21 Apr http://t.co/Q5IkzkgxGn